How To Promote Your Next Blog Post And Increase Traffic By Over 425%
Have you ever wondered how to promote each of your blog posts more effectively?
The truth is that no matter how much time and effort you put into writing your blog posts, clicking publish is just the beginning.
To give you a helping hand, I’ve had an infographic created that covers some of the most effective tactics promote your next blog post:
Embed this infographic on your blog: copy and paste the code below
I’d like to thank Kevin and the team at COSSales.com for collaborating with me on this infographic.
There are a few important things to remember when promoting your blog posts:
- Make it easy for people to promote your content – Once someone visits your post, is it easy for them to share it? Adding social sharing buttons is one step, but you can go further by adding shareable quotes using tools like Click to Tweet.
- The more time you put in, the more successful you’ll be – The results you get from your blog post promotion efforts are proportional to the time and energy that you put in.
- If at first you don’t succeed, identify why not – It’s easy to get disheartened when you don’t see the results you expect, try to figure out why tactics you use haven’t worked. It may be that you need to keep on with them for a bit longer or try a slightly different approach.
- If you use syndication, be careful – Syndication is a great way to get more eye-balls on your content, but it may mean that any posts you have syndicated will struggle to rank in search engines. You can ask publisher to use the rel=”canonical” tag which will tell Google that your site published the original version, but it’s no guarantee that the publisher won’t rank higher than you in search engines. Despite this, syndication can still be a great tactic to use, especially when you’re in the initial stages of building an audience.
- Earn some goodwill before starting your outreach – There are plenty of ways to use blogger outreach but getting to know people and helping them out before asking them for help will set you up for success.
- It doesn’t stop with these tips – I expand on all of the tips featured in this infographic, in this blog post. This infographic is an example of content repurposing in action and the great thing is that it takes a very detailed post and makes it far easier to digest.
Over to you
Which tactics do you use to promote your blog posts? Do you have any suggestions to share?
We’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
About Adam Connell
Adam used to run a team of marketers. Now he shares what he’s learned about growing blogs and businesses here on Blogging Wizard. He’s a fan of Firefly and Chinese takeaways. Click here to join the Blogging Wizard newsletter; you’ll get our best content & 15+ guides to grow your online presence faster.